Monday, July 9

The Young Man

Thursday 3rd June 2010
1.15pm
Sat on the steps of the Tibetan Supreme Justice Commission (next to the library)
McLeod Ganj
India

This diary entry almost never happened. Yesterday, after 2 hours here at the library I left my notebook in the toilet and of course only realised this when I got back to the monastery.

I came across a copy of Tin Tin in Tibet which I'll read this afternoon.

Joy of joys when I arrived at the library there was a man selling newspapers. So I got an Economic Times with a crossword from the Daily Mail that stumped me and an Indian Express that had a crossword and Sudoku.

The library itself had a copy of the Time of India from which I copied out the Sudoku from into this notebook but due to leaving the notebook at the library proved futile. I did it this morning after finding my notebook in the same toilet cubicle I'd left it in.

Had 2 curds, 1 banana, some honey, a packet of plain biscuits and a few eclairs last night.

Sat on the steps here I've a lovely view of some steep green hills and behind them high rocky snow covered mountains. The tops tipped with white cloud.

This morning there was a really heavy storm. I got soaked through on the way to the library, but by wearing sports shorts, packing a spare top in my bag and by wearing a water proof jacket managed to at least wear items that would dry quickly or give the impression of protection from the rain!

I did some washing this morning. The brown dye from my cotton Indian top I bought in Varanasi ran into my blue McKenzie t-shirt so that is a cause for a second wash. I'm semi-confident I can get the brown out...

Everything bar one t-shirt is drying in my room due to the rain, though the rain has now stopped. Oh well, at least the one t-shirt left outside will dry quickly.

I stopped for a tea on my way down here earlier.

Only 4 days until I go back to the UK. Wow.

After leaving the library yesterday I stopped for a tea and bumped into a girl I met in Lumbini and a couple of her Korean friends. There are some nice rooftop cafes in McLeod.

Tin Tin in Tibet is the highest selling book abut Tibet.
Read some good stuff on Buddhism in an encyclopedia this morning .
Over half way through Vanity Fair now.

I want to buy some books before I go but I know that it's not really a good idea, I've enough to carry as it is.

Momos tonight...hmmm. I think it's possible.