Tuesday, February 16

Tonight Pajeon, tomorrow Gyeongju...

Tomorrow I'll take the bus from Seoul Express Bus Terminal down to Gyeongju.


I have a feeling it'll be a little cold, oh well never mind. It'll be a nice break from Seoul in the culture captial of South Korea, the peninsula's own version of Japan's Kyoto (I hope that's not an exaggeration!) so I am looking forward to it.


The prospect of travel is really very exciting, and tonight I feel liberated. Eariler I threw away my work shoes, pants and shirts. I've really enjoyed planning this trip and got all the things done in preparation that I had planned.   


A friend got me some book tokens and now I've a map of China, The Bhagavad Gita (a sacred Hindu scripture), The Dhammapada (Buddha's teachings) and some James Joyce to keep me busy. All very helpful.


However the idea of not having to wake up at 5.30am everyday to teach after doing it for over two years still feels kind of strange in a way, it's a big change.  


I ate a nice dinner of wang mandu (big dumplings) tonight and some pajeon.  


Meanwhile this is what I'll be living out of for the next 6 months...