Monday, February 15

In the beginning Steve created a blogger account and blog...

Well it's Monday the 15th of February 2010 and after sending my possessions home I am sat in a noisy PC Bang in Seoul typing out this first post.  

After 2 and a half years teaching English in Seoul I am ready for a change, a break, and something new.
On February 21st, after a few days in the old Korean city of Gyeongju I leave South Korea. I have chosen to satisfy my curiousity and travel through China, head to India and Nepal to teach as a volunteer, learn more about Buddhism and hike, before heading back to the UK by December.

I'm hoping to simply be a simple tourist, a helpful teacher and an intrepid hiker over the coming months. Grasping hold of not only the freedom afforded to me and the chance to see all the things and places that intrigue me, but also learn about many new things along the way in 3 countries all very big, different and culturally unique.  

I'll do my best to regularly post about here, or at the very least provide photographs if I don't have the time (or energy) to write.

So...let's see what happens...